What makes good design?
What is good design? Here are 10 principals of good design, according to German industrial designer Dieter Rams.
Good design is:
- Is innovative
- Makes a product useful
- Is aesthetic
- Makes a product understandable
- Is unobtrusive
- Is honest
- Is long-lasting
- Is thorough down to the last detail
- Is environmentally friendly
- Involves as little design as possible
How do we achieve good design?
Our creative process begins with asking questions.
We gather understanding of project parameters, your desired outcome, and researches. Define the design problems, discover the strategies and solutions.
Through creative exercises and collaborative discourse, we develop ideas to visually tell your core messages. Together we define the brand and make strategic deliverables.
We proof and refine the design, double check, making sure the results are tangible.
So, how does design help with shaping my brand?
Choose the right designer, not just someone with great design skills, but works reflecting their design strategy. You should look for someone who sees your brand vision and objective clearly.
This designer is likely to show understanding of your goal. The designer should be confident and straight forward with conceiving your brand's voice and tone.
Remember, choose the right designer for your brand.
Here's some resources that could guide you through the way.
- 9 Ideas Shaping The Future Of Design, According To Ideo, Microsoft, Autodesk, MIT, And More (via Fast Company)
- What is brand identity? And how to design and develop a great one. (via 99designs)
- Why Proper Brand Design Is Important (via Hongkiat)
Looking for inspirations?
Check out our moodboard on Pinterest.